Director of Internal Audit
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
NextPoint Financial Inc.
Director of Internal Audit
NextPoint Financial Inc., the parent company of Liberty Tax Service and LoanMe, Inc, is hiring for the position of Director of Internal Audit. This position would report to the Chief Financial Officer. The primary responsibilities will include conducting, documenting, and reporting findings on complex audit projects. These projects will include financial and operational audits, and special purpose reviews to determine the reliability, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of financial reporting, the efficiency and effectiveness of management operating and control systems, and the extent of compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position may be a gateway into other departments as we support and encourage our staff to experience all aspects of the company.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Internal Audit responsibilities include the following key process/functions/duties:
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley by:
- Reviewing the company and subsidiaries’ internal controls and business processes
- Facilitating the adoption of Corporate Governance policies and procedures
- Design, plan, manage and execute audits to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operational controls, the reliability and accuracy of data and information systems, and the adequacy of controls over segregation of duties, safeguarding of assets, and corporate governance.
- Prepare audit reports and work with management to develop cost-effective recommendations for improvements and modifications of procedures and internal controls.
- Lead the presentation and review of audit findings with key members of management.
- Analyze actions initiated or proposed in response to audit recommendations.
- Monitor the completion of corrective actions and, as necessary, advise management of non-compliance.
- Participate in an annual risk assessment to help develop the risk assessment and annual audit plan.
- Prepare and execute annual and long-term risk-based audit plans.
- Complete other special projects (i.e., financial analysis, special reviews, system implementations etc.), as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree
- 7+ years of audit experience with at least three years of SOX experience, some public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA and/or CIA preferred.
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessment, planning, scheduling, and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, a must.
- Ability to initiate ideas and direct the implementation of new processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, NextPoint Financial reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments).
NextPoint Financial Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.